Flax and Almond Hormone-Balance Porridge
This recipe is great for hormone balance and fertility because flaxseeds and almonds balance estrogen and testosterone levels. This recipe is from Week 1 of the Becoming Mama Fertility Diet Meal Plan. It’s loaded with antioxidants, can improve blood sugar regulation, and reduce cholesterol. It’s also quick and easy to make.
To make it even quicker, you could mix several portions of dry ingredients together ahead of time, and just scoop out one serving size in the morning when you’re ready to eat.
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1/8 cup flaxseed meal
- sprinkle cinnamon powder
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 TBS butter
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup blueberries (or berries of choice)
- Mix dry ingredients together (you can also multiply this recipe to make several servings of dry ingredients, and store in the freezer until needed – 3 cups of almond meal, ¾ cup of flaxseed meal, 1 TBS cinnamon and ¼ tsp of sea salt would make 6 breakfasts).
- When you’re ready for breakfast, add boiling water and butter – stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Add the almond milk and berries