Warm Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Fertility Salad
This warm and delicious salad is full of nourishment for your fertility. Quinoa is high in protein and folate, iron, zinc, and magnesium – all important nutrients for egg health. Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie and contains fiber and glucosinolates, shown to support detoxification pathways and the elimination of toxins and balance estrogen and progesterone levels. Mushrooms are a good source of Vitamin D.
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- 8 ounces mushrooms quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa well rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water or broth
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup goat feta or blue cheese, crumbled
For the balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss the cauliflower and mushrooms in the oil, thyme, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Meanwhile, bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15-20 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Mix everything – the quinoa, roasted mushrooms and cauliflower, walnuts, goat cheese and dressing, and enjoy.
- From week 3 of the Becoming Mama Fertility Meal Plan