Ginger Chicken Fertility Lettuce Wraps
This meal is high in protein as well as full of anti-inflammatory properties from the ginger and turmeric, and phytonutrients from the fresh herbs - properties that are beneficial to egg quality, ovarian function, and sperm quality.
- - 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- - 1/2 red onion minced
- - 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- - 2 cloves garlic minced
- - 2 stalks celery finely sliced
- - 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- - 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- - juice from 1 lemon
- - 1 small apple chopped
- - 1 pound organic ground chicken or ground turkey, beef, or pork
- - 1 tablespoon tamari
- - 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- - 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- - 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- - 6-8 lettuce leaves washed (romaine, butter lettuce, bibb lettuce)
Heat coconut oil in large pan over medium heat
Add onions and let cook 2-3 minutes
Add ginger and garlic, stirring frequently
Add celery and carrots. Let cook for 3 minutes then add the ginger powder, turmeric, lemon
juice, apple and ground chicken
Let cook for 5 minutes then add the soy sauce, cilantro, basil and mint. Stir well.
When chicken is fully cooked, remove from heat.
Divide into lettuce wraps and serve.
* This recipe is from week 2 of the Becoming Mama fertility diet meal plan